1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ashoo79, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Today I went out. I started walking and walking but I had to sit down on the chair or had to hold on to something every after almost two minutes no doubt if i look back few weeks back I hardly could move from my bed to the restroom. I can see it is taking long time which I am OK with I understand how everyone's journey is different. Trust me I think I have lot of courage and I am not scared of the pain I bend down to pick up stuff and I strongly believe that I have no structural problem. I try to journal every day and its been a week. At first when I came to know about this site I was on it 24/7 but now I am much calmer and just like to hear all success stories. I am kinda confuse now I am starting to look at my past and I hardly see anything that bothers me except just few minor things which I already wrote in my journals. I pretty much had a very good childhood and amazing parents and good hearted siblings yes and I do believe we had few ups and downs but not something that I ever took it serious except few things like for example since I am married I do miss my childhood years when we all used to live together I wish I can go in my past and just live with my parents Yes I do miss them a lot since they are old now and I think all the times about them. I cant see them often because they live out of country but whenever I talk to my parents things just depress me. I have a beautiful family of three young kids and my very supporting husband who loves me but I still dont understand what else is missing. I want to mention that I have a huge goodism trait I probably not a perfectionist but I like my things to be updated my home to be all cleaned up and if something comes in my mind I just have to have to finish it no matter what and for that I feel guilty now that I feel I DONT GIVE ENOUGH TIME TO MY KIDS. I am a huge stressor over things which now I think doesnt matter to me anymore. I have more time to think now and I pray to GOD to Plz plz give me one more chance and I will try my best to become a better person again who takes everyday tasks very lightly.

2. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

want to mention one thing since I was walking today and I had this pain just burning my leg (sciatica and its been almost 7 weeks). should I just move on and try to let my leg burn and burn with pain and just endure the pain or should just stop and rest. because I did not feel that the pain was lessening. anyone have any suggestion plz guide me what to do.

3. KatheC

KatheC New Member

I walked thru my pain, I think you should try. If you know its not structural, then its TMS. If it gets too bad, stop. My sciatic pain was intense at first, but lessoned the more I walked. Good luck and take care.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ashoo. It' wonderful that you are walking again. To steady yourself maybe walk with a cane. There should be no guilt in that. If you don't want to use a cane, get a walking stick. British and Europeans use walking sticks even if they don't need one. I