1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Jan 9, 2016.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this? I'm realizing a lot of emotions I'm not sure if they are connected to the pain and anxiety specifically but they do fit into the bigger picture. It's like a puzzle and all the pieces connected together will give me definitive answers. The emotions are interesting to me because I've come to remember a few things I've completely forgotten about. It's exciting because I know
    They all lead up to where I was when the pain began.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jwiles. The way you're working on your emotions is excellent. Sometimes what we are repressing is very deep and we have no idea they are inside us, and they also may be part of a puzzle, as you are finding. Your subconscious will know how the pieces fit together. Keep up the great work. You have come a long way in only 8 days.

3. cotemd

cotemd Newcomer

Day 8 - I have also started the program to relieve chronic pain, it has been very interesting journey. I realized that negative emotions such as anxiety, guilt, sadness, disappointment and anger have been ruling my life for the past 1.5 years. I felt stuck and frozen in time thinking about these feelings every day and becoming very depressed, which ultimately made my pain worse. Anger was escalating to the point that I hated my life, people around me and my situation. I had a traumatic car accident right before the pain started which made my situation even more difficult. Though this program, I have learned to 'release' these feelings, live in the moment and do whatever it takes to enjoy my life at this moment, despite my physical pain. I have noticed a change my pain level (decreased) and trying hard to thing psychological instead. I feel I still have to go along way to re-programmed myself from triggers such as walking, I am determined to continue working on it and learning more about myself and the mind.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful to read this cotemd. I am glad you are seeing the benefits...
    Andy B.