1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by stephanie1, Dec 30, 2015.

1. stephanie1

stephanie1 New Member

This is quite a journey, and I am finding this program to be helpful in spite of the emotional pain that is surfacing. I have been able to make some insights and better understand some of the emotional triggers. My pain is changing, and I am trying to not focus on it as much. Right now the challenge is to not get mired in the negative emotions and be able to look at them without getting overwhelmed-- if that makes any sense.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad you are finding some comfort from the program. It's great that you've managed to get the symptoms to move, this should only strengthen your belief that it's TMS. If you haven't already done so I'd track these symptoms on an evidence sheet for your reference.

If I were you there are a whole host of different modalities to help work with the inner bully, these include, mindfulness and affirmations.

Finally, try not to become overwhelmed with TMS, it's the journey of discovery, which will lead to recovery. Please be kind, compassionate and loving to yourself - after all, negativity is where TMS thrives.

God bless

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. stephanie1

stephanie1 New Member

Thank you, Mike, for the encouragement and the suggestions. I am a big fan of Louise Hay, so affirmations have always been helpful to me. I will certainly start a tracking sheet to make note of the changes in my pain level. I fully belief in the diagnosis and feel great motivation from others on this site to keep moving forward. Thanks again!
    Stephanie

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Stephanie. Journaling and discovering repressed emotions that cause TMS pain can create emotional stress, so I found that it is best to recognize the emotional cause of the pain, but not to dwell on it. Dr. Sarno says it is enough to discover and accept the emotional cause of the pain, but it is not necessary to go further and try to solve the problem involved. It is enough for the subconscious that you discover and accept the emotion involved. Then it stops the pain.

5. stephanie1

stephanie1 New Member

Walt, this is very helpful feedback and gives me a sense of comfort. I cannot change past events and may still carry pain from some of those, so it helps to know that the mere acknowledgement of those feelings can start to resolve the TMS. Your wisdom is appreciated.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Stephanie. I'm glad my reply helps you. I think people can spend too much emotional energy trying to discover and work on past repressed emotions and that can be counter-productive and have us living in the past. I spend more time on deep breathing and once or twice a day watch this Youtube video:
    "Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking." Michael Seeley's voice is so soothing it lulls me to sleep at the computer.

Have a Happy New Year and pain-free 2016.