1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by intense50, Dec 1, 2015.

1. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Went for a massage yesterday. I know I m supposed to discontinue all physical treatments so not to feed the beast. However after leaving there I felt better ,not just for feeling better but that it showed me the its not all mechanical. This morning was a struggle, maybe from having been worked over. I still need to figure things out . I'm working on it.
    Currently have tail bone pain, sciatica and severe low back pinching. Walking generates pain on the side of my hips and pinching lower buttocks.

Markus likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that many of us have come to interpret Dr. Sarno's recommendations in a more relaxed way - which is to use bodywork as a time to explore and heal old pain pathways, visualize healing energies throughout the body, and enjoy the relaxation and reassurance provided by the practitioner, without focusing on a specific body part.

However, if you're experiencing doubt about your motivations or feeling guilty about doing something that you "shouldn't" do, that's a distraction in itself, which your brain will latch onto with more pain! Being mindful of the messages your brain is giving you can reverse this process.