1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dtsierra06, Oct 21, 2015.

1. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

I am on Day 8 of the program and doing pretty well. The journaling exercises have been very enjoyable for me. I was journaling a few days ago and all of a sudden I remembered the emotions I felt when I left my baby's body at the hospital. I remembered standing there in the hall, having to say goodbye to my daughter while they wheeled her body away. I cried, and it felt great to let myself remember some of those hard memories. My pain has really decreased although it has moved around a bunch. Instead of where it usually is, my lower back has hurt more and also my hands started to hurt. No change yet with the neurological symptoms. So far so good.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Bless you. That must have been painful unlocking those past events, but I'm glad that your symptoms have reduced. Keep at it, you've come a long way.

Best

dtsierra06 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dtsierra. My sympathies are with you in the loss you are suffering. A good cry is very therapeutic. Try to remember the good times with your daughter and not the painful or bad. TMS symptoms are bound to move around. That's what happens as we heal. I'm glad you are finding the SEP journaling to be enjoyable and helpful. Journaling really helps us discover the emotional causes of our pain.

dtsierra06 likes this.