1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8/Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Velvet_Hidden, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

Since starting the program Jan 1st, 2017 I'm not experiencing the chronic pain I was experiencing before in my left low back, elbow, shoulder, knee, and neck. Before hand, I read Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain" which really described my condition and constant misdiagnoses, I experienced in the previous 2 years. Reading his literature motivated me to do the program in hopes of remaining pain free from here out. Currently, i'm on day 8 of the program. So far so good, i'm currently away for 2 months on vacation in Honduras which is really giving me time to myself to relax and focus on my psyche. Journaling is emotional for me but, it is doing it's job in helping me to confront the repressed rage from my past experiences with no holding back. It wasn't until recently I realized I do a lot to avoid my emotions versus giving them the attention they need. With all that said, I'll continue taking this one day at a time as I go at this slow.....

AC45 likes this.
  2. AC45

AC45 Well known member

I love your notion of one day at a time. I think that is really critical. When we are in a hurry to heal, it can actually slow us down. Good for you and warm thoughts for your healing.

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  3. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

thx for replying :)

AC45 likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, and this work can only be done one day at a time, or more accurately: in the moment. So staying present is important both for the attention we bring to ourselves, and for the way we hold our Sarno work. Deep down we want to be seen and understood, by our self. We want to deepen this self-relationship. If that is our focus, while applying Dr. Sarno's theory, the rest seems to take care of itself.

Alibumbayay and Velvet_Hidden like this.