1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 - up and down

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wendyd, Nov 30, 2014.

1. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

This is an interesting and difficult journey. I have had glimmers of hope and moments of despair. Yesterday was a rough day. I muddled through, but I have to say I was pretty down and tired by the end of the day. If that was my 'day off', I'd like to get back to work. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling the familiar twinges and instead of getting upset, I tried meditating. I did the belly breathing and combined it with mindful meditation. It helped! I relaxed and finally fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, I felt ok. Not feeling so great now, but trying not to think about it too much and just go about my business.

I haven't been journaling as much as I know I should and I'm trying to figure out what is holding me back. Fear, I am guessing. Today's goal is to journal for at least 20 minutes. I will do that right now.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, wendyd. The deep breathing and mindful meditation are working for you, as they do for me and many many others.
    As for journaling, 20 minutes a day is enough, and take days off if you want.
    Your symptoms may be from repressed emotions or "Just" from a perfectionist and "goodist" personality.
    Or some present emotional stress you need to think about.
    Maybe make a list of what "bugs" you and journal about them. Things from the past or present. Let the future take
    care of itself.

Fear gets to us all. We have to tell ourselves there is really nothing to fear.