1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 - Unsent letter - reactions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shine4me, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Shine4me

Shine4me Peer Supporter

Today our task was to write the unsent letter. I wrote a letter to someone who had abused me. I got really emotional and I told the person that I wanted to kick, and kick and kick them til they bled to death ( nice). Anyway I have painful arthritic feet and I found it strangely coincidental that I was getting satisfaction from kicking them to death and was wondering if there was a connection between my painful feet and kicking the object of my anger? Any thoughts on that? I feel so much better (lighter) now that I have written that letter. I had not realized how much the incident had affected me.

2. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

I did Howard Schubiner's workbook program and it suggested kicking and beating and getting physical. It's a very good release for anyone, whether they have foot problems or not. Try not to put too much interpretation into it beyond that.

Shine4me likes this.
  3. Shine4me

Shine4me Peer Supporter

Thanks EileenS