1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Camarogirl, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Camarogirl

Camarogirl New Member

Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

I am absolute seeing the emotions connected to my pain . I see that I have had fear of the pain, I would obsess over the pain of never getting better and the pain itself would send me down an awful path of self pity. I have also discovered that I have fear of going back to work as I know work causes pain . I am currently on sick leave from teaching kindergarten and I know this job gives me stress . I cannot switch grades as my training is for kinder only . I am to young to retire (48) so I know I have to return . I don’t want to find another job as I do really like my work family . So I need to figure out how to return without having this fear of it all coming undone and returning to massive pain . I guess it’s massive loop I’ve created . Fear =pain , just not sure how to stop my mind from doing this at work . My job is at times stressful, demanding 4 and 5 year olds , insanely huge class sizes (32 kids is not fun) and behaviours coming at you all day long and administration not supporting is a recipe for disaster. I do have more work to do on all of this .

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

You can do it. You just need to find out the balance.... Work out what you can do to make things more manageable at work - any support - ask for it! But as most people in caring professions (nurses, teachers, carers etc) the systems are lacking in adequate funding and generally run by idiots!! So - change what you can, don't stress over what you cannot change - but find ways for you to deal with it. Things as simple as taking your lunch time away from the school might help - if you can escape to a quiet, natural place and recharge your batteries. Then make sure you do stuff when you are not at work that fulfill you and make you happy. Don't take on too much 'other stuff' - we get bombarded by family, friends, society - and some of us cannot cope with it all (I am one of those!) So learn the word NO - said firmly with a smile. You are in charge of your boundaries and your time. You need to look after YOU first - then you can care and look after others....good luck!

Dakota likes this.
  3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello! YES to NO! I understood the power of no, I was so scared of loosing job, people, relationship by saying no. Outcome: I started to say no, and the people who really love me stays. Other people just went away without saying a word. And, about the job: for how tricky is my workplace too, I started to say NO, and, to be honest, nothing changed. I mean, at most they ignore me. And you know I'm also "using" this program and my journey related to my healing TMS as my own boundary. I don't share with anyone about this, anybody but my therapist. For other people Ijust say that I have to work on some stuff. You come first. Whatever works for you. Come back here whenever you need, and whwnever you need someone remebering how YOU are the most important person in your life!It's not easy, I knwo, and I also stryggle with this. But we NEED it!

hecate105 likes this.