1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 open letter, ideas for dealing with the pain, help in Australia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by sharon, Apr 30, 2015.

1. sharon

sharon New Member

The open letter certainly got me thinking. At first I found it difficult to add age events into mh timeline but now I see there have been so many significant events.
    Does anyone havd ideas for consulting a therapist from Australia? I was using a mental health care plan with free consultations but found the therapist wasn' t in tune with TMS. I have booked a session with another psychologist which will be very expensive. As I have some autoimmune diseases which were no doubt caused by TMS but now require expensive lifelong medication and treatment, I am finding it hard to keep up with the expenses, which is addingvto ,y stress.
    Also is anyone able to explain why the pain sometimes intensifies when I am enjoying mysekf, having just done sonething I couldnt physically do before or am enjoying myself with friends?

2. doggydave

doggydave New Member

Hi Sharon

This psychologist is in Australia, and does Skype sessions. He seems good, but I haven't had a session with him yet. He is sensitive to expenses, so it may be worth your time to give him a call to discuss things (he offers a free phone chat to work out if his services are appropriate for you).

http://mindbodyhealing.com.au/

Dave

3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

The pain intensifying when you are enjoying yourself or after challenging a past restriction of TMS could possibly be you trying to emotionally sabotage yourself. It's like a 'you think you're gonna get better - here - have some more pain - you deserve to suffer' It depends on what thought patterns you have had over the years and how those around you have dealt with pain/disappointment/challenges. For instance my husband's parents are both real martyrs - they jump in and 'help' and will not take no for an answer. But then they bemoan how hard it all is and how much they have to bear! My husband sometimes works like a dog when things need to be done - far past the point of being sensible - it is like he is possessed! He has realised by looking at the TMS work that he will take on too much until he makes himself ill - probably echoing the example his parents set all thru his life. Now he is able to say 'yes, lets make a real effort and hit that target - but if we don't the world won't end' It is examining how and why we do things. Looking for patterns we have learned from others or learned to use to escape emotional pain. Good luck.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

No one deserves to suffer. TMS belief and patience will heal us all.

TMS work will not make anyone ill.

5. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

Dr James Alexander is a member of this forum and lives in Lismore, N.S.W., Australia. He is a TMS author and psychologist, and does Skype calls. If you search his name here, many posts come up, you might find something helpful he has written.