1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 & living in hope

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by fraggle, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fraggle

fraggle New Member

So I've completed the first week & have learnt a few things about myself. I've found the journalling quite difficult as it makes the pain even worse (i also suffer from anxiety). So thank goodness the TMS program gave me the day off yesterday, I needed it. I'm still struggling with the pain & tension in my back, it's a constant. It's so hard not to think about especially because I'm stuck at home in a chair most of the time. I'm trying to distract myself but it's a battle. Here's hoping.....

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi fraggle - and welcome to the forum and the SEP!

For anxiety, I highly recommend Hope & Help For Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes - it's the second book that saved my life after Dr. Sarno, and it's an easy, comforting read. I think she wrote it in 1969 and it has saved many many people in all the decades since then.

Keep the faith, and above all, accept and love yourself - I believe that in order to do this work, you have to love yourself enough to know that you deserve to recover.

~Jan

Ellen and fraggle like this.