1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 - i ran up a freaking hill

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ThatBookBlewMyMind, Apr 11, 2017.

1. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

Yes i ran up a hill, it was like a forrest gump moment. I dont want to get carried away here i have much to work on. I dont want to pressure myself too much. This TMS strategy is working. I have more evidence to suggest TMS is the issue, with old eye issues kicking off, random new pain in my arm which makes no sense, also random pain in my fingers. This all happened same day, looks like i have it on the run.

Anyway as regards question to ponder.... I am amble to consider my past traumatic issues are the reason for me causing myself pain. I have made that connection 95%. Today i wrote a letter to my former self. I dont know what to say i feel like i need to just keep doing what im doing.

Im going for a dam swim also very soon, its happening, that swimming pool is mine.

P.S must not not carried away, this is life long discipline. I have many potential TMS symptoms i can work on getting rid of.

optimistic believer likes this.
  2. SebastianM

SebastianM Peer Supporter

It's great how convinced you are. Congratulations! :)
    My conviction is mostly there but sometimes not. So I have a few questions concerning your "critical" activities:

What symptoms did/do you have?
    Do they appear during these activities?
    Are you able to ignore them?
    What strategy do you have to overcome fear and doubts?

Wish you the best for your futuredancea

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.
  3. ThatBookBlewMyMind

sciatica, i still have some symptoms but its getting better. I could not sit down even 4 weeks ago, i could only lay on my left or be on my feet 2.5 months ago. I had the issue for 4 months. Worse thing i've had in my life due to the mental torture and fear of what the hell was going on and how to deal with it.

Sympoms get worse in activities each time ish but in walking is usually ok, if i try other things more aggressive than walking i can get delayed symptoms but its getting better each time. So before.... if i set something off i was stuck for days maybe 1 week or 2 even. Now if i "set it off" i can have it gone within 1-2 hours and back doing more aggressive activities again same day. Bare in mind i do still have a constant ish sensation also but that is improving.

I'm not able to ignore the symptoms, i dont try to hard to ignore them either because they are at times to strong to ignore. I sometimes try to say they are just TMS conciously but its a battle. I also has a GF who talks to me and tells me its just TMS. But where i've found better improvements is via unconcious learning which takes at least 24 hours for new info to sink in, so healing over time is needed. So via unsent letter writting for example, when i first did that i felt better not until the next day. It was surprising that could even work?? but it did help. More evidence of TMS. So yeah i started an evidence sheet as someone suggested here, each time i have evidence of TMS i write it down. Im trying to work with my unconcious, this takes negotiation, time, care, respect and much more.

As regards fear of symptoms i think time helps and experience that i've seen improvement over that time since i first read sarno book, confidence has grown.

There also isn't much choice, i tried many other methods to heal which did not work. This makes it simpler to pick TMS healing method.

Also i think healing via TMS method is a very strong way to heal so thats why i pick it, this means any physical symptom i get in future has little chance of sticking around. Its cheap, it means i can heal myself, it means i dont have to need someone else.

But yeah fear is tricky, i've just got better at dealing with it over time - even from 1 week ago i'm dramatically improved on dealing with fear.

Maybe you need more time or need to try alternative tricks, maybe you could make a forum post of what you've tried so far. I've been trying really hard to find stuff in my past that could have upset my unconcious or if my unconcious used something physical as an excuse to mean something else, i managed to find 1 route to a TMS like pattern which started when i was 13 and i connected the dots of that right up to present day.

I've also done a moodtrack thing, its an app for phone, its not a great app but simple. I rate myself out of 5 stars but i purely rate myself on how im dealing with the symptoms/situation. I dont rate myself on the actual symptoms. That make sense?

Also just do some stuff you normally do when pain free. For example i just absorbed myself for about 5-6 days straight working (online) but its kinda like fun working. I think you could do the same absorbing strategy with a game or whatever it is you love doing. If doing it is more absorbing vs symptom you are on to a winner.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. SebastianM

In my case the same phenomen occurs. Sometimes I feel very well after an activity but sometimes the symptoms come one or two days later. For example after drinking coffee.

I agree with you. Battle is the right term, it's exhausting. In my case it sometimes causes new tension when it's difficult to stand the pain/negative thoughts/fear. Do you also feel an increase of tension during this battle?
    Self-reflection and stress-reduction ist very important for me in these situations.

Exactly, the combination of unconscious learning and "waiting" with confidence is very important.

That is a new one for me. What a great idea! Thank you. I will try it out. Do you have two or three examples for me? :)
    I am interested every recovery story.

Thank you for your detailed answer :).

Greetings
    Sebastian

5. ThatBookBlewMyMind

I sometimes feel worse trying to battle symptoms yeah, i really just try and distract myself with a walk or just doing anything that can change my mind or physiology. I do think most change happens unconciously so that i cant control very well, or... at the moment im not an expert at it.

As regards the evidence sheet yeah here is some of mine and why i think i've got TMS:

- Random other pains, neck/shoulder (which i've had previously but has no need to appear again randomly), head ache, old eye issues coming out of nothing when its been gone for 4 months = TMS
    - My IBS which i've had for 20 years improved dramatically over the last 4 months during having this new problem. Looks like my IBS = TMS. IBS has no reason to improve randomly appart from my mind was being distracted via something new - sciatica. Now that i think of it everytime i get distracted (consumed) by something else good or bad for long periods in life my IBS can often improve randomly.
    -Reading dr sarno's healing back pain originally made me 50% better within 1 day = evidence of TMS. I did drop back a little after but has improved even more since then now. Its like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

hope that helps, good luck!

SebastianM likes this.
  6. SebastianM

Yeah, that's really the best way :). I agree with you.

Thanks for the insight in your evidence sheet. I will start mine the following days!

Would be great to read more about your recovery in the next days, weeks, months :).

Wish you the bestdancea