1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 - How its been going

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SSS, Dec 13, 2021.

1. SSS

SSS Peer Supporter

This is my second week of the structured education program. After reading a couple of books by Dr. Sarno I saw some real improvement, but as I know, pain cycles on and off. I struggle with pelvic pain after walking and after intercourse.

I am trying to get deeper into the journaling which is something that is difficult for me, I think I'm introspective, but I also know I tend to just try to forget or distract myself from distressing experiences and memories.

I've set a few goals for exercise, some of which I've met :) I pledge to keep going on this journey.

2. SSS

SSS Peer Supporter

Adding my response to this question: Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this? I think I can see some sources of emotion that could cause pain, but I haven't seen an exact connection where I feel something and then recognize pain arising. Its more recognition that emotions could cause pain and I need to think of them deeply and recognize that the cause of my physical pain is my brain and my emotions vs. physical damage to my body.