1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DAY 8 (aches at the office!)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by highlander 1018, Nov 10, 2022.

1. highlander 1018

highlander 1018 New Member

Hey folks, checking in at Day 8 per the SEP's recommendation.

In all truthfulness, it feels closer to Day 25-30 since that is when I first read Healing Back Pain. But alas, today is truly just Day 8 of the SEP.

Today has been a huge success. I woke up and went to the gym for the first time in a few weeks (and felt great). Last time I went, I had a good 2-3 days, but then had a big set back with tons of fear and excruciating back pain. I took time off to start the SEP and try to relax/not solve everything at once.

One area that I'm going to have to work on is this...recently, my career has me back in an office 5x a week (after spending 70-80% of covid WFH 5x a week). It's been a big adjustment. Morning commute is about 35 minutes and the evening commute could be anywhere from 40 to 60 on a bad night. And obviously, the commute compounded with wearing proper dress clothes/being in an office environment has revealed to me just how comfortable I had gotten in my living room, wearing athleisure-wear, and stretching all day long.

Intellectually, I know that my body is tough and strong and can completely handle 5x a week in the office. But I have definitely fallen into some conditioning pain with being here in the office/getting stiff. So that's an area I'd like to work on. If anyone has some pointers, I'm all ears.

Thanks for reading!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Is there someone at work that you might like to say something to about the decision to go back to the office? What if you had the freedom to say anything at all? Try writing an "unsent letter" to this person and just see what comes out on the paper without any editing whatsoever. It's a no-risk free-writing technique designed to get all kinds of thoughts out in the open.