1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by karenz, Dec 30, 2017.

1. karenz

karenz New Member

Today I woke up with so much less pain. Then I went out and hit baseballs with my husband and kids. Swung mostly without reserve. And my right foot started to try to be numb (not really numb, just the sensation). Of course, all of last week my left leg was acting up. So I ignored it and moved on. It felt good to move. I'm an athlete and it just felt good. I have been afraid of moving for six months.

I also texted my PT, a lovely lady who thought I had at least a year of PT (and pain) in front of me , and told her that I was doing better and was going to quit PT and told her about TMS.

As I write this, I'm on my soft IKEA couch curled up. Take that TMS. There may be set backs but I'm ready for them.

Also, I was told I have lax ligaments left over from pregnancy and that's why I'm in pain. I bought into that so much I had prolotherapy. But the more I think of it the more that makes no sense. First, how can anyone tell they are "lax." Second, they were certainly more lax during pregnancy and after when I had higher relaxin and I didn't have any of this pain then.

My pain is at least 50 percent better than a week ago and I've done nothing except quit trying to fix it. That has so nicely shown to me that there is indeed nothing wrong.

Also, yesterday my neck tried to hurt. I ignored it and today it doesn't hurt. Today my old pelvic injury is trying to hurt today. Again ignoring. I'm not going to try to stretch it or fix it.

There is nothing wrong with me!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

danceadanceadanceadanceadancea