1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Woo-hoo ! My first week terminated !

It's been a pretty great week, even if it hasn't been 100% pain-free. But nothing more than the occasional twinge.

For starters, I have been RUNNING again. Little by little, I am building up my strength again, going out more and more every time. Yesterday, I ran 25 minutes and tomorrow I'm going to try for a half an hour, maybe a little more if I'm feeling alright. I don't think I'll push myself too much, though, as I don't want to hurt myself for real.

I've been able to talk down my discomfort, and although sometimes I have trouble believing in my capacity to make it stop, it has worked everytime. I have been successfully sitting for an extended period of time with mild discomfort. When I feel the discomfort is escalating towards pain, I start talking down my pain, even if I can't do it out loud. I think about what stresses are present in my life and try to stay focussed on them, and the pain usually passes within a minute or so. Sometimes it moves around a little, hits me in the knee or in the shoulder, but eventually fades into the background.

It's empowering to be able to make the pain go away sometimes, but I don't have 100% confidence that I'll be able to do it everytime. Despite the success rate up until now, I just feel as though I still have a lot of practice to do. Just need to condition myself to the positive responses.

Hope everyone has a great night and great tomorrow morning !