1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7 or so.....

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Zade, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Zade

Zade New Member

Well I had a great hike the other day and yesterday had to drive to the nearest vet over 2 hours away...and I was fine! So feeling SO good and thinking I'm getting back to normal at last.I drove, I hiked, hooray! But then today I felt off, crooked. This is a different issue, a different pain (sacroiliac), and I was wondering if this indeed could be a physical issue.So an internal battle ensued
    and then went to the TMS site, so rich in information and what I read affirmed that it must be my old brain choosing a slightly different spot. And I then read the article Breaking the Pain Cycle and then THE THOUGHT THAT I DON'T CARE IF I'M IN PAIN WAS VERY LIBERATING!!!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Zade. You're definitely on the right tracks. Your subconscious is sending a you a new pain because it is getting your message,
    that you believe you are in any pain because of TMS. It wants you to keep digging for its root emotional cause or causes.

It's great that yo took a hike and went on a long drive. Maybe you had been developing a conditioned reflex to believe doing those activities brought on pain. I doubt they did. You may just have thought they did.

The best thing is, you are telling yourself you don't care if you are in pain.

I find distraction very helpful in forgetting pain. I am a writer and two weeks ago began writing a new novel. It is taking my mind off any financial or physical pain and I am having a ball!

Steve Ozanich, author the terrific TMS boo, THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION, is a firm believer in being active despite any pain.
    He played golf when he said he could hardly stand up. It led to him totally healing. I don't say push yourself that hard, but
    hiking and driving and other normal physical activity is wonderful and helps toward healing TMS pain.