1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7 and feeling down

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livinginhope, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

I am on my 7th day of SEP, the rest day, but am feeling discouraged. I have fully embraced the diagnosis, but am still in a lot of pain. I was not able to walk yesterday as I had too much work, but walked my 2.6 miles in pain today. Usually, if I have had a break of a day, the pain is not as intense, but today that was not the case. When I was talking to a friend about the program earlier today, I mentioned that I thought there may be some connection to a facial birthmark on my right side and the fact that my hip pain is always on my right side. I never put those together before. It may be nothing, but the birthmark has impacted on my life a lot as a child; not so much now. I wonder if that is the reason that my pain is more exquisite today?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Livinginhope. Maybe you have come to believe there is a connection between your facial birthmark and your hip pain. Try not to make that a belief, so the pain is a conditioned reflex from your concern about the birthmark. You may need to finally accept the birthmark and live your life with it. A nephew has unusually large ears. He hasn't them trouble him. So did Clark Gable and he became King of the Movies. Also, some of the most beautiful actresses, including Marilyn Monroe, had a facial mole. God gave you the facial birthmark. Give yourself the blessing of accepting it.