1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 6

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jodib, Mar 17, 2015.

1. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

Just started back on the program..had stopped after day 5. I guess prednisone is to blame haha. No pain for a couple weeks. Anyway, pain is back. only now instead of back and hip its elbow and wrist. Crazy. Though I do still have the leg, shin and foot pain when I drive, just not as bad right now. So day 6 – what a great video, I learned something pretty amazing about my brain that I didn’t know. Question though, is it better to fight than flight, is that the problem?
    Well journaling about childhood traumatic events is no fun. but I will keep doing it. gotta stay with this. Still not sure how it will all work but know it will eventually. Excited to identify triggers. And to activate my whatchamacallit. Didn’t meditate much, is that really important? Yall have a blessed day <3

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi jodib,

Meditation helps build witnessing and can calm the nervous system. Witnessing: the ability to see what we are experiencing without being engulfed, is important in dealing with trauma and fear, pain, or any difficult experience. So you might gently add some each day. Even 5 minutes...you are building an important muscle over time, so that it is there when you need it!

There is also the freeze response, which dis-regulates our nervous system and should be investigated. The Somatic Experiencing work explores all three responses in depth. Some therapists use this, and you can look up utubes about it.

Good luck in your journey!!!

Andy B.

3. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

great, thank you so much Andy. there is so much to learn and its quite amazing.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are welcome jodib! Good luck in the SEP.