1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Day 6

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mmo4, Oct 12, 2013.

1. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

Things were getting better and was actually pain free for a few hours each day. I started sitting again. Then things got worse-"extinction"? I just keep telling myself that my unconscious is fighting this. I have tried to explore childhood issues, but nothing traumatic-just a difficult/distant parent. I have explored this and mourned this. I feel like it is more stressors from my adult life that are causing the problems. Is this likely?

I am 100% sure that this is TMS. I have some people around me who try to say otherwise, but I am convinced. I hope this helps in a rapid recovery.

I am doing PT for massage, but trying not to focus on physical. Do you think if I take an occasional advil it is getting in the way of recovery?

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes adult stressors could very well be keep you in pain
    Only you will know, journal about the adult stressors too
    You have only been at this a short while, it takes months to get a good grip

What did you mean by rapid recovery?
    Remember loose thought of time while healing ok
    If you think hard on the timeline then you'll only get set back

Start meditations and learn to use focusing

Never focus on the physical, always think psychological
    that's why Sarno stopped prescribing PT cause of the focus on the body

You have to find happiness again, something that you were one with has
    eluded you whether it be having fun while enjoying nature
    and just being happy with yourself
    or going by grand mas to get that old fashioned hug, the mind will heal you
    but you have to desensitize to all these stressors, how?
    Meditation, mindfulness, awareness, and letting go.
    Even stressors can become repressions after you are conditioned to them

Stick in there, you got some great questions
    Taking an occasional advil is ok, occasional.
    if the pain gets to unbearable, the good Doctor agreed.

3. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

OK thanks, great advice. So do you think that anytime I do PT (which I just do for massage), ice or heat on the back or advil, I am prolonging the symptoms because I am focusing on the physical? Is there a fine line we are supposed to walk between dealing with the temporary lack of O2 to the back (with physical remedies) and just ignoring it (acknowledging the psychological)? Even when I treat the pain, I am acknowledging that it is TMS. If it will help, I will just totally cut out the physical remedies.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Now mmo , as long as you know the cure will come through your willingness to get to repressions
    and back to fully enjoying life again you shouldn't have to have barriers that will only frustrate you
    See mmo I worked out while I was about 3 months into recovery even though
    I knew it wasn't the workouts that were going to heal me.

I seemed to have good days and bad days and it was always this conditioning
    every time id work out that made me think ( could this be physical)
    The pain only came after a hard workout so I decided to get to the repressions even more and learned
    even more about knowledge therapy.

Of course laying off the workouts, didn't give the tms a way- to sneak in on me through the conditioning anymore
    and I gradually healed completely without any help from the workouts
    of course after I healed up I went right back to the weight bars and so forth

The question is do you hurt a lot after exercises if so then you might want the knowledge
    therapy to sink in more and just be patient - give it time to sink in more.
    Then when you start to feel shifts in the pain. You can gradually start your exercises back up.

Im here for you
    Bless you

PS- Don't try to trivialize tms even though it seems we have to sometimes.
    Theirs not any definite here, its your body so only you know if you hurt when you exercise.