1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Yulia1975, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Yulia1975

Yulia1975 Peer Supporter

Hello All,

Just wanted to share how emotional and vulnerable I feel after journaling about most tragic event that happen in my life which I believe is where my TMS journey started - my mother death.
    She passed away from lung cancer in 2004, suffering for 6 month like an animal....Loosing your best friend, having no faith, fear of death, crying every single day and 3 years later TMS became part of my life.
    I was raised in family that didn't believe in God, noone ever raised with me a subject of death and thats all very unfortunate. I saw a psychologist for a while, to work on all my issues, but it didnt help me very much.
    I am thankful to TMS though, because now I appreciate every moment of life, but at the same time I am so tired of struggles, frightening symptoms, that sometimes I wonder if I can live normal life again...I have 1.5 years old, my girl is a real miracle for me, I want to enjoy the motherhood, thus I will do anything in my power
    to have my normal life back!

Thanks for listening!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Yulia. My parents never prepared me for the reality of dying, and neither did the Catholic Church I grew up in. I am 85 now and both of my parents and older brother have "passed on." My year-older sister is recovering from a fall and on a lot of medication. Some of my best friends have died, and I feel their loss deeply. But I keep going, like the Duracell battery, and am grateful to the Lord for my darling dog and family and friends I still have. I believe in concentrating on the present moment, enjoying life as it is today, warts and pain and all, and appreciating those still in my life. Hug and kiss and play with your daughter. Love every day of being her mother.