1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 SEP Meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jodie86, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Jodie86

Jodie86 New Member

So I just wrapped up Day 6 of the SEP. Did the 10min meditation following another emotional journal entry. I just started practicing meditation at the beginning of the year. I don't do it daily but I do practice a few times a week. Wondering if I should practice daily?
    My thoughts are LOUD. Always have been. Learning to watch my thoughts, then watch them float away and bring my awareness back to the now is very challenging. But like all things which are new, I'm sure I'll get better over time with practice.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Daily is best for meditation! I feel like I would do better if I was consistent about a daily practice of writing followed by meditation, even just ten minutes of each.

Nicole Sachs, LCSW recommends it.

I learned about the Calm meditation app here, and that's what I've been using. It has a ton of different kinds of meditations and music, as well as the the unique 10 minute Daily Calm.

Jodie86 likes this.
  3. Jodie86

Jodie86 New Member

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to start to meditate after my daily journaling. Incorporate it into my daily routine.

I love Nicole's podcast and Facebook group. Her voice alone makes me feel better.

I use the app called Insight Timer when I meditate.
    I'll check out Calm as well.
    Thank you. Hope you have a great day!