1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 6 on meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

Tried the meditation and got to my legs and more or less started drifting off to sleep. What's the difference between meditation and snoozing?

2. Zane0

Zane0 Newcomer

Hi,
    For me at Day 6 the medidation did not work at all - too much current stresses. And I also started worrying about my symptoms, as they aggravated during work today.

Maybe someone more experienced can help you?

3. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Meditation for me is focusing on 1 thing ie my breathing. Once you notice you were drifting off on some idea you simply gently just refocus on your breathing. Its OK if its not perfect. Or some will focus on a word or two like for example.....peace and harmony......peace and harmony. its just about quieting things down even if only 5 min a day. Dont try too hard.

Penny2007 likes this.
  4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Falling asleep is common when you begin meditating. Its ok! Over time and with practice you'll be able to focus more effectively. Meditation is essentially just an intense focus on something of your choosing (breath, mantra, body sensations etc) and you will train your brain to become more focused with time and practice. Don't worry it won't happen the first time, it took me a long time to get better at it (and some days I still can't focus!)