1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 - Meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ThatBookBlewMyMind, Apr 9, 2017.

1. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

Meditation was different a little from what i've done before, i really found like the present was the only thing of true connection. What we do away from the present seems to be just like a fun experiement, we aren't trapped and can always connect to the present. Any feelings of etc etc are just experience, not really of any real meaning.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

HI. I'm not sure how to reply. I do believe that living in the present is one of the most important things in TMS healing. While meditating, I practice the 4-7-8 method of deep breathing and it really works to calm me and get me to sleep. Inhale to the count of 4 through the nose, hold the breath for 7, exhale through the mouth to 8, and repeat 4 times. Then just breathe slowly. There are some good videos on Youtube about living in the present.

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.