1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Doubts and Theories

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by juderocketqueen, Aug 30, 2016.

1. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

Sorry for typos - voice typing this...
    Although I am convinced about CFS as TMS I have some queries. firstly the success of the rituximab trial in Norway this drug have been found to bring about complete recovery or partial recovery in around 66% of those who've taken it the first person who took it took the drug for cancer it was part of chemotherapy it was a coincidence that she realised that it has got rid of her CFS symptoms... the drug wipes out B lymphocytes.

Another thing is the role of mitochondria. It's long been suspected mitochondria play a huge role CFS symptoms they are on a go slow. Researchers at Stanford University recently pinpointed mitochondrial dysfunction as a cause of CFS.

It strikes me that the faulty mitochondria may be yet another symptom of the disease rather than the cause of the disease which would fit in with TMS Theory.

I believe that diet plays a role in our health. Foods, certain substances, definitely add to the stress load on our minds and bodies. Eating a cleaner diet would seem to make sense to me.

Many of the psychologically-based treatments for CFS are pretty much identical to Dr Sarno’s protocol. The Gupta programme, the Lightning Process, Mickel Therapy, etc, all seem to be derived from Mind Body syndrome teaching.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, juderocketqueen. I hope the medication helps you, and meanwhile, do consider the MindBody concept of TMS from Dr. Sarno. My sister and a longtime friend both were cured of their cancer by faith together with medication. It looks like you are doing both.

3. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

The drug is not available yet. It's still undergoing trials in Norway.
    I am convinced about CFS as tms but new research comes out a lot lately and it refocuses the brain on physical reasons not psychological ones which is undermining my journey!!

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

It seems to me if the drug was really addressing the cause of CFS that the results would be higher than 66%. This success rate may be explained by the placebo effect which is powerful indeed, but doesn't get to the cause. As you state, TMS can create physical changes in the body which can show up in the lab. However, the true cause is in the mind, and true healing is found there.

You are on the right path. Best wishes on your healing journey.

juderocketqueen likes this.