1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 day 5

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Jun 10, 2014.

1. srton

srton Well known member

did not expect for today's session to be so emotional. first journaling experience writing about a past experience and wow I'm still crying.
    the reading part of today's lesson was helpful too - it's so clear and obvious now to me that the mind and body are one -- how did i not realize this all along -- and if I can be easily reduced to tears thinking about certain past events, it's no wonder I'm feeling physical pain.
    being instructed to say out loud today "I have TMS" was very helpful. I also said out loud -- "my way of dealing with my emotions is causing me physical pain -- i have to change the way i deal with my emotions"
    This might be the hardest thing to accept and let go of -- the idea that my way of feeling and expressing myself is self-destructive. I like my self image of a highly functioning person and it's hard to admit to myself that I'm wrong (hello perfectionist and goodist!!!!!)

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Stella like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Face and accept all your faults and flaws and do it as you would if you were helping your own child ok, your inner id or child needs your understanding and love, you are in control. You can do this, perfect love cast out all fear, Bless you and breath deep -- say peace and feel that peace ok