1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Day 5

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yikes0118, May 5, 2014.

1. yikes0118

yikes0118 New Member

This is actually day four. The most disheartening thing any physician told me: That my l4, l5 and s1 discs are a train wreck and this is about as good as it going to get. My PT told me I was going to have to relearn how to sit, sleep, turn, reach etc..... Putting me in that box had me questioning every move I made. Literally! But I NOW believe "motion is the lotion" and I am beginning to move more and more each day. Every time I do and my inner meanie starts yapping and scaring me ... I imagining that motion lotion as a salve that I liberally apply and rub into my fear...slowly applying it and then move a little more:)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wow! You go!
    I've been told that I have almost no cushioning material between l5-s1. I stood up in grad school classes and for years afterward, but discovered Sarno's book and have been able to sit ever since.
    TMS has reared its ugly head in at least three major episodes in my life, but I've been able to become pain free each time. I KNOW this program works.
    I'm delighted for you in your success so far!

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I love this Yikes!! If you don't mind, I'm putting that in my catalog of great sayings for instilling some motivation. I know its true because I always feel better after I've moved - either with walking, dancing or stretching!