1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cleo, May 28, 2016.

1. Cleo

Cleo Newcomer

Started the day with success but minor backtrack this afternoon. Woke up stiff but noted it was a lot less than usual! Slept through night with no hip pain! Went for my mile jog felt pain after but again less than previous days! However this afternoon I had a pre booked appointment with a massage therapist in Bangkok that was booked a month ago! Didn't want to cancel and what halm can a nice massage do anyway! Mmm of course after being rubbed and prodded for 2 hours and feeling every nasty trigger point and problem area of tightness I've left feeling panic over my physical wellbeing and whether I can overcome this without external help! Need to remember that last year I saw an aromotherapy homeopathic massuase every week for 9 months and never made any improvements! I can do this! This is just my TMS I can do this! Thank you again for the forum everyday it helps to write and know people are out there. Love to all xx

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Yeah, I notice if my mind is not preoccupied my pain is worse. This morning I just wanted to watch a movie with my kids and fought the pounding migraine on the right side the whole time. I didn't want to give in to it so went to lunch and to run some errands and it vanished. It's like you have to just keep changing the channel in your brain sometimes.
    You can do it!! The massage just made you focus on the pain and be too aware of your body.

3. Cleo

Cleo Newcomer

Thank you Ines! Great motivation!

Ines likes this.
  4. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Peer Supporter

Dr. Sarno advocates no therapies, drugs, holding your head or neck a certain way, etc. to send a message to your inner self that it can't control you any longer. I found this very beneficial! And I was desperate.

He also says to think about something that makes you angry when you feel the pain. This did not work well initially but eventually it worked very well.