1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 Day 5

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by samuelrhys, Sep 23, 2015.

1. samuelrhys

samuelrhys Peer Supporter

Think of some activities you really enjoy doing. If you could do one of these activities without feeling stressed out, without having anxiety, and without worrying about your family, kids, job, etc. how would that feel? Why do you not do this activity more often? What steps could you take to do this activity stress free and without worrying about other things? Do this activity this week.

When I was in dreadful pain I literally did nothing, I sat in all weekend I didn't see any of my friends for months I was kicked out my house and I became very depressed. Now I am out of that stage and not suffering with the awful back and foot and arm pain I had I am doing most things I want to do. It's only my hip and the occasional back/foot pain which bothers me.

I have started to really hate my job though, I just hate sitting in an office chair all day, I also think working with my Father who I have a lot of anger towards from what has happened to me is not really helping me. I work for him on a low wage and now run one side of the business, my worry is that when I leave the company he will struggle. Yes he could always employ someone else but no one will do what I do for minimum wage. He also takes nearly a quarter of my money off me each month for rent.

Though I have decided I am going to leave and going traveling around Europe at the end of next month to see how I get on, I have been waiting and waiting to go to Australia and had to cancel quite a few times now because of my pain and operations..I just think why keep waiting for something to happen, I may as well go around Europe a bit and see how I manage.

Thank guys for the support!

2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

I think the resentment you have towards your Dad relying on you - his son - while paying you very little is enraging. Your Dad leans on you too much and you need some space. You need to spread your wings or your resentment of him will grow, and your TMS symptoms too.

Test the waters by going on a trip. This will send the message to your Dad that you are an independent individual who is entitled to live your own life. He will manage; you need to believe this.

Australia is now coming into spring while Europe is heading for winter. Come to Australia - I'll show you around Melbourne!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Samuel. I like Colly's reply and think you should take up the invitation to go to Melbourne.

Lots of young people take advantage of living at home with their parents. It's great that you are the opposite and want to be independent.
    Your father will just have to find a replacement. Then he will appreciate you, but it will be too late for him. He'll survive.

Don't let your dad lead your life. Lead your own life. And hating your job is no way to live. I know. I hated mine for three years.
    I quit and found a new job and life.

You might even find a new job and happy life in Australia.