1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 Think of some activities you really enjoy doing.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilybluerose, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Think of some activities you really enjoy doing. If you could do one of these activities without feeling stressed out, without having anxiety, and without worrying about your family, kids, job, etc. how would that feel? Why do you not do this activity more often? What steps could you take to do this activity stress free and without worrying about other things? Do this activity this week.

I REALLY enjoy(ed) hiking in the woods. This is the first thing that came to mind. I live in an area that is extremely over populated with ticks though, and have grown to have quite the phobia of them and lymes disease along with co infections. I have stopped hiking and wont go on trails all together. There is absolutely nothing that I could do to go back there without having anxiety and worries.

One step however that I have taken, is getting back on paved trails out in nature. Not hiking woodsy trails, but wider paved trails throughout nature/parks etc. I used to not even be able to go out there. I do still have some stress though, but it is lessened.

To go through with this challenge though, I am going to make sure to go again next week ( the week is almost over, and its booked with kid stuff) and to put my phone away, and really just be in the moment and enjoy nature and time with my family without stressing about my pain, ticks, disease, health, money, job, etc etc etc. I will make sure to make it really fun for all of us, even if that just means enjoying each other stress free lol!

westb and LaineyVeganseed like this.
  2. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

That sounds wonderful! Nature is so energizing and soothing when we feel we are in a safe environment (including safe from insects...lol). So many sensory experiences to be savored! Enjoy!