1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by beaum0, Nov 24, 2016.

1. beaum0

beaum0 New Member

Wow what a struggle that was. I found it impossible to relax. I am just so full of fear. It feels impossible to relax my body and my breathing because of the fear.

My nervous system is in overdrive. A constant state of fight or flight. Worrying about a life of chronic pain. The fear is so powerful.

2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

I would highly recommend you access some audios of Claire Weekes.

She has helped many if not all of us on this forum get through episodes of fear and panic. Her book 'Hope and help for your nerves' is one of my rescue remedy books when I get warning signs or feel overwhelmed. Also do a search on this forum for Claire weekes and you might find her interview. I don't know where many of us would be without her.

If you cannot access her interview immediately (only bits of it are on youtube) then search youtube under 'Claire Weekes' and watch some of the support videos of those that have been helped through their fear with Claire's teachings.

https://claire-weekes-publications.myshopify.com/collections/all (Products)

LizzyBennet likes this.
  3. beaum0

beaum0 New Member

Hi Colly,

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I've seen Claires name popping up all over the wiki. I'll definitely check out the resources you suggested. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with the others, that Claire Weekes gives the best advice on fear and panic.

Deep breathing also is essential to overcoming anxiety. There are excellent videos on Youtube about deep breathing.

You can help your mind to calm down by drinking a cup of hot milk with a little honey and just a pinch of nutmeg. I take it before bedtime and go to sleep right away and most nights stay asleep until dawn or even 7 am. If I am really uptight during the day, I take it.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Be careful not to take more nutmeg than just a pinch, or at most 1/4 teaspoon. Nutmeg should not be taken in higher doses.

7. beaum0

beaum0 New Member

Deep breathing is definitely something I've been trying to utilise to calm down and relax.

I'll give the warm milk, honey and nutmeg a try tonight. Thanks Walt