1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5, incessant

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shells, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

i just completed day 5 exercises again

Cried during journal and listening to Alan's session on prioritize yourself. I feel much like John but have no clue where the original inner neglector came from. I do recognize current voices. This causes a lot of anxiety and sometimes I consiously shut down anger.

Incessant definitely describes the amount of worrying that happens in my brain. Every decision feels exhausting. I'm constantly researching each decision instead of trusting professionals. This really started with the pain and not trusting doctors.

Will continue on.

S

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shells. I'm sorry you are in pain but you can consider yourself fortunate in having discovered TMS and this web site. Doctors can often mislead us. I'm afraid many of them just prescribe medication and they are influenced by Big Pharm to do that.

I found the SEProgram and journaling to be the main reasons I healed from severe back pain. Try to discover the emotional causes of your pain... whether they go back years or are current. Current stresses can trigger repressed memories that are the cause of our pain.

I have found myself getting anxiety lately and believe it comes from the news, especially the election. I didn't watch television news until about a month ago. I felt fine then, so I have decided today to stop watching all television and Internet news, and even listening to it on the radio. It's just feeding our minds with unsettling thoughts.

Good luck as you progress in the SEProgram. It will lead you to feeling free of all pain.

3. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

I have had crazy anxiety too. I actually had to stop watching election coverage one night because it made me feel nauseous. I know that topic brings up conscious anger and shame for our country in me so I'm sure there is repressed! I used to get my news from friends and family or light daily shows because I really dislike watching all of the negativity. I think I'm going to cut it back out too.

As far as feeling lucky, I actually am feeling doomed right now. If I rest pain gets worse, if I attempt to be active it gets worse. I think if I had never looked at the book or site and this was my first glimpse I might feel hope but since I did, I now feel trapped in catch 22. I don't even know if that makes sense.

It appears to be getting worse every day. I always have called it the "slow creep". I am committed to the 45 days and am on day 8. I guess there is enough hope to keep that up. The journaling brings up a ton of fear and sadness with some anger. I have a feeling of not being safe at my core.

Thank you for your kind response:)