1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 5 Activities I enjoy

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 21, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, my husband and I went to the beach for a picnic, and a paddle and then ice cream. I was a bit worried about the car ride there, but it was just fine. My anxiety level has gone way down...I just told my subconscious that panic attacks in the middle of the night are not conducive to me healing, and they interfere with my understanding of what it is trying to tell me. Result, no panic. With the exception of ten minutes of mild pain last night, I slept so very, very well and the pain levels continue to decrease, my sitting times increase. Still have some mild flank pulling, the SI joint is still a little sore, but compared to a few weeks ago, the pain levels have gone down 85%. I am getting close, and keeping at the exercises, and now am down to one muscle relaxant a day, vs the three I was taking a couple of weeks ago. This TMS has been a gift so I get to know myself better, and so I never push myself at work so hard ever again. Just not worth it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. You are doing great. Wonderful report. The trip to the beach did you a lot of good. Your positive attitude and belief in TMS is going to help you stop any medication and to be healthier and happier than you ever imagined.

3. abuglet

abuglet New Member

Thanks...a really nice encouraging reply from you which helps a lot. Had a bit of a set back last night...mild pain kept me up. My husband noted something interesting...I set out the heating pad in case before I went to bed and guess what, pain duly arrived. ;) When he said that to me, the pain started going away. So, not much sleep, but off for a walk. Walking always sorts it. I am amazed that I am that suggestible.

4. NewGwen

NewGwen Newcomer

Thanks for sharing! I'm also on Day 5 :) I really enjoy reading, and spending carefree weekend time with my boyfriend and other friends, without checking my phone or being preoccupied with todo lists. Sometimes my task list gets in my head and distracts me from enjoying others' company. To do this stress-free this weekend, I want to make sure I get to a good place work and task-wise by tomorrow end of the work day, and then not look at my email all weekend (which is always so hard to do!)

I also want to prioritize reading more next week but not so it cramps into my sleep time. I want to set aside 30 minutes at least 2 nights next week for reading and relaxing.