1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 43 What Next?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Butterfly101, May 23, 2014.

1. Butterfly101

Butterfly101 New Member

Hi

This is my first post. I have finished the SEP and I just want to acknowledge how useful it has been in learning about my TMS and accepting why I have been suffering from RSI. I am typing this without any fear and I have resumed all my daily activities. I am back at work full time next week and I feel that the SEP has given me the tools to both alleviate my symptoms and change my outlook on my stressors.

I have particularly found meditation, mindfulness and affirmations helpful and I was wondering if anyone had
    any further suggestions on how to develop these skills? I have read God Does Not Want You to be in Pain by Eric and Walt and found that really inspirational. So any other book suggestions to read on the next stage of my journey would be really useful.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I would read "Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich. It's a wonderful book and goodluck with your journey.

3. Butterfly101

Butterfly101 New Member

Thank you for the recommendation Ryan I will definitely read it.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Butterfly, thanks for the kind words about my book with Herbie. I'm so glad you found it helpful.

I too highly recommend Steve Ozanich's book.

Besides meditation, mindfulness, and affirmations, I get a lot of calmness from deep breathing.
    No matter how long the breath is taken in through the nose to fill the belly and how long it is held before releasing it
    through the mouth, it works.