1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KatheC, Feb 8, 2016.

1. KatheC

KatheC New Member

What have you learned about yourself by going through this program?

I made it to the last day of SEP, Day 42. The education I have gained by going thru the SEP, forum and reading a couple of Dr. Sarno's books and Steve O's Pain Deception Book have really opened my eyes to the mind body connection of pain. I came into this program by accident when I googled trying to find new ideas to cure my back pain and came across a you tube video on TMS. I listened and realized maybe my pain was connected to my mind because I already noticed the pain was hit and miss, but when it was a hit, it really hit hard and painful. The final straw was when I went to the Ortho Dr and he said he saw nothing on my MRI and could not explain why I was in pain. It was so frustrating. Now here I am 42 days later and still have pain on my low right side that is gets more intense after I play tennis. Whether this is from the exertion of the game or the mental stress of playing the game, I am beginning to assume is from the mental stress. My sciatic leg pain is definitely TMS as it travels from leg to leg and comes and goes on a whim. I stopped all my therapy end of Dec. No more ice, heat pads, back brace, kinesio tape, PT appointments, chiropractor visits, stretches, etc. I just read every night about 1/2 hour about TMS, meditate thru you tube videos I learned about here on the forum, lots of deep breathing all hours of the day to relax. and just focusing on what is going on emotionally for me. I am not cured, but have seen over the last 42 days the connection and really agree it is the cause for my problems. Before I started this journey, I couldn't cross my legs at my desk, due to the pain. Now I cross them without pain. My sciatic ached daily, not it comes a few times a week and I tell it to go away and ignore it and it goes away. My low right pain still lingers and I'm hoping it too will go away the more I work on it. I am back to playing tennis with my friends and that makes me happy, happy, happy! I am not mentioning my back pain anymore either, as it was a daily conversation with anyone who would listen. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the support over the last 42 days. I am not going away, as I continue thru my journey of full healing, but many of your posts helped me immensely to which I am very thankful!

Stella likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kathe. Congratulations on competing the SEProgram and it's wonderful to know how much it helped you. You may still have some pain, because the subconscious may not yet have "got it" that you discovered all the emotional reasons you had pain. Medical tests showed that nothing structural was causing the pain, and you have seen the improvement through believing in the TMS MindBody concept. Stay happy and enjoy life. Enjoy playing tennis and ignore any pain. You are not going to hurt yourself playing tennis. You will keep making yourself stronger, physically and emotionally. Keep us posted.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi KatheC,

Thank you for the in-depth report. I am happy that many of your symptoms are gone or reduced, and, more deeply, that you have developed a powerful stance toward the pain. Like this:

It seems you really know your symptoms are caused by TMS. This is the biggest learning, in my opinion. Good luck in your journey, and did you ever do Alan's Recovery Program at the Wiki? If not, it is highly recommended.

Andy B