1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42: I made it!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, May 26, 2021.

1. birder

birder Well known member

The question is: what have you learned about yourself by going through this program?
    1. I learned that my TMS (which I've named "Stu") is not my enemy; rather, it's been trying to protect me. We've had a long-term, love-hate relationship. We're "frenemies," in fact. Now we talk every day, figuring out how to live and work together. Baby steps.
    2. I've learned I have a healthy body and am capable of a lot more than I let myself believe I am. Feeling "normal" is starting to come more naturally to me.
    3. I've learned that when I dream about hiking and climbing and using my body freely, these aren't just dreams. These are visions of my future.
    4. I've learned that I need to set incremental goals and reward myself for achieving them.
    5. I've learned that I can get incredibly frightened and that responding with kindness and soothing takes practice.
    6. I've learned that, like Steve Martin's character in "The Jerk," I need a Special Purpose. And I know what it is. Still working out the details.
    7. I've learned that I'm scared of love. Working on that too.
    8. I've learned to tell the voices from my childhood that say I'm not good enough to f**k off. I'm more than good enough. I'm f**king fantastic.
    9. I've learned that I'll probably never be a great meditator, and that's okay.
    10. I've learned that even though the program is ending . . . that this is just the beginning.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Miss_Daisy, ysolank, Ellen and 3 others like this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Birder, I have loved reading your posts and can relate to much of what you write. I hope you will continue with your verbal musings!

birder and birdsetfree like this.
  3. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Hell ya dude