1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 41 - I've learnt so much

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Melody, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Melody

Melody New Member

It's evening here and I've just logged in only to find out this was a rest day! Well that's OK because I had coffee with a couple of friends I hadn't seen for a while and we had so much fun I left the coffee shop 4 hours later! My husband was sick last night. I got so anxious and had a slight panic attack but thanks to the TMS Wiki and all my reading and CBT I knew how to handle it. He's fine now. So it's been a wonderful day. I'm looking forward to Day 42 but know this is not the end of my TMS recovery - I'm in my 60s and it takes a long time to change the habits of a life time. But meanwhile thanks to everyone on the TMS Wiki. :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome, Melody. I remember how incredible it was to achieve this for the very first time - that was in the fall of 2011, and I had turned 60 earlier that year :^)

I hope your husband is also sharing in your journey. For years I suffered from bouts of digestive upset that would keep me up half the night and didn't seem to make any sense. In other words, I was often "sick" at night and "fine" the next day. Of course, I wasn't really fine at all - not until I started experiencing an avalanche of symptoms, just about hit rock bottom, and was fortunate enough to discover Dr. Sarno and this community. dancea