1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jay24, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Jay24

Jay24 New Member

I still remember when I had to call the ambulance as I was unable to get out of the bed. My back went into complete spasm. I was in the hospital for 3 days and all I was given was loads of pain killer including morphine. I asked the doctor and was told that I might have disc herniation at L5 S1 level pinching my sciatic nerve and might have to take some of the medicines all through my life and the pain may never go away. It was so disheartening. I continued with the medication for couple of weeks, in the meantime I came across Dr. Sarno's name while reading another forum. Healing Back Pain was an eye opener, it felt as if i was reading about myself. I stopped all the medication. It was difficult for few days as I was unable to sleep without morphine.

I still cannot sleep through the night due to leg and butt pain but it is much better knowing that I am not putting my stomach at risk from those medicines which seemed to be helping little with my condition other than masking the pain. I am determined to cure myself and would encourage others to do as well, there is nothing to lose but the pain.

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

I love your attitude, Jay24 - great determination! Sunny