1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindaRK, Feb 9, 2014.

1. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Interesting "Question to Ponder" ....... have I ever felt discourage by what a medical doctor has told me about my diagnosis or long term prognosis. Hmmmm ..... well, initially I was because I was so focused on the pain. I felt like my life was overwith if this was what it was going to be like. At the time, I was seeing a DO that was highly acclaimed as a "back doc" and he had his own rehab gym and everything. Quite impressive. I didn't use his facilities, but did the hospital back school and a whole host of other treatments.

What did open my eyes (darn him for not saying this earlier in my treatment) was maybe a year or 2 down the road I went back to see him - can't remember why, but most likely for recurring pain. In discussing my diagnosis, he told me that no one really knows why some people can experience excruciating pain with my diagnosis (degenerative disc disease) while others can feel nothing (he also referenced herniated discs, etc.). That statement really got me thinking and at some point shortly thereafter is when I discovered Dr. Sarno and a few years later, here I am.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Well I'm glad you discovered the Good Doctor LindaRK, Glad to have you here with us all. Helping each other in a spirit of harmony. Bless you

LindaRK likes this.