1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Camarogirl, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Camarogirl

Camarogirl New Member

Question to ponder : “what was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept it in your mind?

My family Doctor told me I would just have to live with the pain for the rest of my life and that there was nothing more she could do for me . This statement has kept me from thinking I could heal , it made me feel like there was no hope in recovering from my back issues and that my life would be miserable . I also felt extremely unsupported by a medical professional, she couldn’t offer me anything in my time of despair. No suggestions on what to do , her answer was to take Advil and live with it.

2. Charlotte Tess

Charlotte Tess New Member

I too had something similar with a doctor visit. I had severe stomach issues and was told by a doctor that I just needed to take the "purple pill" for the rest of my life. I declined, changed my diet, and my stomach issues healed. It is amazing that many doctors give us no hope of ever getting well and totally disregard that the mind plays a huge role in our illnesses and ailments.