1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sybilk, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Sybilk

Sybilk New Member

I think the most disheartening diagnosis came when my GI doctor told me my problems eating were from IBS - and then told me to deal with it and come back in 6 months! By the end of 4 months I lost 30 lb. I then found an integrative medicine doctor who told gave me some tests and declared that my stomach problem was due to an overload of a specific bacteria in my gut and that this could be effectively dealt with using herbs. After taking the herbs for 2 days the stomach problem was immediately better (a placebo effect I think as herbs can't possibly work that fast!). I now know that my stomach issue is also part of the TMS stemming from my Dad dying a very painful death from stomach cancer years ago (creating a fear in me of developing the same thing). Along with working on other body parts affected by TMS, I as now able to keep my stomach in check, most of the time, to stop the stomach symptoms from getting out of control. Thank you Dr. Sarno et al!!