1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Activemom, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Activemom

Activemom New Member

So I am doing a couple of days at a time right now since I am off work. Not trying to rush things, just eager to read and learn more.

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

Six weeks after my injury, and 2 weeks after one of the workmans comp doctors hurt my knee again by pushing it too far I finally had an MRI. The only thing that showed on the MRI was chondromalacia patella grade 2-3. My biggest mistake was googling it and then finding forums on it. The medical information wasn't all that bad, it said it was treatable but takes time but the forums were very negative. Add that to me not being able to be active like normal and it was not good. Workmans comp sent me for an independent medical exam in early May to determine if they should be providing me with services. He was a jerk and I wish I would have never seen him. One of the first things he said to me was "we may never get you back to where you were before your injury". He then kept referring to my knee as having arthritis even though the MRI report did not say this or my ultrasound that I had later on. He then went on to say I will notice more popping, locking, etc of the knee. That has been difficult to get out of my mind. My knee does pop from time to time but there is no pain with the popping. Heck it has probably always popped and I never noticed it before.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Oxalys

Oxalys New Member

Ugh I feel for you - some doctors have a really poor bedside manner, and don't seem at all aware that mentioning dreaded terms like arthritis can really play negatively in your thoughts. You'd think they'd be a little more careful!