1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Watermelon, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

The most disheartening thing that a medical provider told me was that I may always have some symptoms (nerve pain), that it would be my "achilles" pain. No one one would tell me that I would have a complete recovery. F*** you very much, I thought to myself. I refused to believe that this was my new normal. So I continued to search the web looking for something hopeful and I found the TMS website.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum! So glad you have joined us her. This is a hopeful place, as many of us have totally recovered from TMS. Let us know how we can support you on your healing journey.

Best wishes......

Watermelon likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Watermelon,

I absolutely feel your pain! I always hated it when doctors told me or my clients "you will always have pain" because it just sets us up for failure and entering into that awful pain/disuse cycle. I understand that medical professionals don't want to give false hope but its just not right to say this. Glad you're here and working through it! I'm a month or so into TMS recovery and feeling awesome...started jogging and doing pilates again for the first time in months.

Watermelon likes this.
  5. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

Andy,
    It was your post on a tarsal tunnel blog that brought me to the TMS site. Thank you! Your injury sounds very similar to mine and the fact that you are pain free gave me hope!

6. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

wow that is great!

7. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am so happy to hear this. I wish you the best!

Watermelon likes this.