1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sashula, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Sashula

Sashula New Member

Day 4

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms?

Actually, all doctors I’ve seen told me that my symptoms are not severe ( I guess they were right, I was not in exaggerated pain, I experience heavy pressure and tightness in the shoulders back, pinched nerve sensation in the neck at that time).

My physician doctor said that “It’s just a muscles, get some physical therapy”. I was shocked, I expect she would send me for X-rays at least, or get some medication. She said, X-rays will only show a bones, but not the muscles…

I doubt that my doctor really cares about me, so I visited a chiropractor who actually did X-rays. The X-rays shows a disk degeneration and mild scoliosis. The chiropractor did a couple of adjustments and after 3 sessions, he honestly said that my case is not severe and nothing he can do for me… I continue visited him anyway, because my symptoms still were there.

However, after 4th visit to chiropractor, I come back with trembling hands, and after 5th adjustment I end it up with a blurring vision. I was so devastating, beside my neck and back problem, now I had to deal with a trembling hands and blurring vision…

Can you imaging me, being a graphic designer with a shaking hands? Working on the computer became a BIG challenge. I had to zoom out like crazy in order to draw or read anything on the screen. I started to think to end it up my career.

I had a visit to an ophthalmologist, he found nothing and send me home. Likely, I found a book “The Bates Method for Better Eyesight Without Glasses”. The relaxation and meditation technics from this book help me to restore my vision and trembling hands symptom was gone as well.

After many visits to all kind of doctors, chiropractor, massagist and so on, I understood that I have to do something by myself. And I found a book “Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection”…

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sashula. You've gone the route of being checked out by medical professionals and have only been told by a chiropractor about the disc and scoliosis problems, which may not really be causing your pain. It looks to me like you are a likely candidate for TMS. You're still new in the SEProgram and need to continue in it, especially journaling to discover the emotions causing your pain.

The Bates book on eyesight sounds like it is helping you, too. Relaxation and meditation are both very important techniques in TMS healing, as you have learned from Dr. Sarno's book.

I don't think you need to see the chiropractor anymore. I went to one once, a long time ago, and he wanted me to keep coming back for more treatments. That would have gone on forever. Your chiro said he/she could do no more for you, which is a refreshing thing.

You have been hoping that chiropractice or something physical will be the cure, but I think it is TMS and emotional, but nothing structural.