1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DwightD, Jan 31, 2016.

1. DwightD

DwightD New Member

A few months after my pain began I flew to the Mayo clinic since my Doctor was out of suggestions. My expectations were high. I though they would be able to diagnose what the cause of my pain was. Unfortunately after a very short examination by a Urologist I was told I had a nerve issue and should learn to live with it and go to a pain clinic. I was so discouraged. I don't even understand how he could have arrived st that diagnosis. Fortunately I didn't listen to him and instead chose to continue my search which eventually brought me here. Never give up!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, DwightD, the "nerve damage" diagnosis is like an epidemic, and indicates how little these physicians know about the source of pain. I spent about 20K in one year traveling to "experts," sometimes getting treatments. Luckily I stopped short of the surgery I was scheduled for. I wrote many of them a letter when I got better, trying to educate them that indeed my nerve was fine. These ignorant practitioners are spouting mis-information, and doing risky procedures for big bucks. A real shame!

3. DwightD

DwightD New Member

I started to go down the surgery route as well but my PT talked me out of it. She told me several stories of patients who had spent huge money on surgeries that did not help at all. I feel
    super fortunate to have gotten some wise advise.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A friend of mine said she followed her doctor's advice and got surgery for some back pain. She said she nearly died from the operation and afterward the pain was still there. I would agree to surgery only after I am dead. Drugs and surgery are not the answers to pain relief. Our emotions are. TMS is the miracle drug for healing.