1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Dec 30, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

i was away for afew days so it's time to get back to this with dedication. Had some things I was busy with the last few days.
    What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?
    I don't think it's what the doctor told me about the symptoms I think it's what they couldn't tell me. They had no real answers to the cause of my pain. An ortho would say neurologic and a neurologist would say it's muscular. It was a back and forth pain in my ass. How could doctors not have answers to something that seems obvious to me. I don't really keep their thoughts in the back of my mind these days.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think we've become far too dependant on Dr's to have the answer. We need to learn to move away from this mind set and look at one of self help and healing.

The fact that they've found nothing wrong should be comforting and and reassuring that it's TMS. The fact that you are proactively seeking to find an answer will forever keep you in the minds strategy of fear and preoccupation. Furthermore, if they had found something wrong, you would currently be involved in more research and more preoccuoation of symptoms, which would be perpetuating the fear cycle.

TMS healing requires one to almost reinvent themselves, let go of your current beliefs and replace these with more healthier habits.

Wishing you all the best for 2016.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Good! This is supportive of a TMS diagnosis. I am glad you didn't get hung up on all the confusing advice!