1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4..... worst thing doc said .....

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nelle, Aug 12, 2016.

1. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Most unhelpful thing a doctor said to me ....

You have Chronic pain and it may be for life ( even though they couldn't see any thing wrong with me)
    - That was after two and a half years off pain in my coxics ,so bad i couldn't sit .
    I am pain free there now !!!!!!
    A shi atsu practitioner sorted the pain out in a short amount of time , where so many other treatments had not helped at all. I am wondering now if his total certainty that he knew what was wrong and how to fix it , was in its self the healing i needed.

Currently the most unhelpful thing a doctor is saying to me about my head symptoms is.....
    No idea what its about and what to do about it .

worst thing that was said to me by a psychiatric doctor was .....
    You are to ill for therapy
    after waiting two and a half years for therapy on the Nhs , getting more and more unwell as i waited .
    Ive now been waiting three and a half years .

I wish doctors understood the impact what they say to people has on the health of there patients.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nelli. Doctors should not tell patients they will never stop being in pain, especially when they admit they don't know what causes the pain. And being "too ill for therapy" is nonsense.

You have been pain-free in some areas and just need to keep believing in TMS and doing the SEProgram to be completly free of pain. Congratulations!

I wish I could send a free copy of Dr. Sarno's book Healing Back Pain to every doctor.