1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DAY 4 WORST DIAGNOSES

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Angeleyez, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Angeleyez

Angeleyez Newcomer

Without a doubt, the worst thing a doctor has told me about my back is that I probably will never get rid of it or to be more specific that I wont be able to train martial arts again. I dont want to seem ungrateful( the fact that I can walk and move) but to blurt something out, like that to me, was devastating. Training and fitness are the one thing in life that I love and release a lovely dose of endorphins to me EVERYDAY. I have carried that diagnoses around with me and when I see people doing physical stuff it makes me very depressed and frightened that I will never be able to do the things that I love most, again.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Angeleyez. That doctor has no business practicing medicine when he tells patients there is no hope for them.
    You love martial arts and should continuing training and fitness. Just take it easy.
    Have you read Steve Ozanich's book? The Great Pain Deception.
    It speaks to people like you who he says needs to keep active. He kept playing golf despite back and other pain
    and it helped him to heal. Dr. Sarno also says to resume physical activity, but to do it carefully.

You are going to be more physically active. Count on it. Believe it. Keep at it.

God love you, the future is going to be much healthier and happier for you.

3. Angeleyez

Angeleyez Newcomer

Thank u very much Walt, i will look for this book.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve's book is one of the very best on TMS healing.