1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 worried about restricted movement

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rapunzelion, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Rapunzelion

Rapunzelion Newcomer

Dear forum,
    I am seeing some progress with pain relief three weeks after discovering TMS and Dr Sarno's book and four days in to the programme. Also doing well with physical activity apart from stretching which is still too painful.
    What is getting me down is how restricted my movement is and how it keeps getting worse. I cannot fasten clothes behind my back, get out of the bath and struggle to put my hair up. Sleeping is starting to become difficult too as I can't find a comfortable arm position.
    My problem started with arm pain and diagnosis of two bulging discs in my neck.
    If anyone has a similar story or experience with restricted shoulder and arm movement it would help me to hear it.
    Thank you

2. Atlantis

Atlantis New Member

I have the exact same thing. I’m on day 14 of the program and about 4 weeks post reading Sarno’s book. Here’s my experience... diagnosed with herniated disc in my neck ( what a joke as I now know) and my right arm affected and subsequently told I had brachial plexus syndrome ( again what a joke). About 3 weeks ago I just started doing push ups and strength training to strengthen my right arm. Just in a few short weeks no right arm pain and I can do push-ups now. I do feel my right arm is weaker than my left, but it could be due to just not working out for 6 weeks prior to starting my tms journey. I do journaling daily, meditation, and listen to success stories. I’m still reading Steve Ozanich book the great pain deception and all I can say is if this guy can overcome pain.. anybody can!!! His story is severe and so inspiring!! I just do a few push up everyday and literally tell myself you’re fine and so is your arm. I’m hoping to be back resining like I was after I get over this strep throat that I now have. Good luck and I know you’ll be just fine and do great.

3. Rapunzelion

Rapunzelion Newcomer

Thanks so much Atlantic, it really helps to hear hope giving stories of people on the same journey. Feeling positive and pain free today and going to try and ignore the movement issues and keep faith in following the programme

LaineyVeganseed likes this.
  4. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

Be patient with the process. I'm only on Day 4 too. Maybe journal about the emotions you feel when your movement is restricted, and whether that reminds you of a time in your past when you felt that way too (restricted, or the corresponding emotion)...? Great to see others on this journey as well!