1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 4 what doctors told me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by zenyatta20, Feb 22, 2020.

1. zenyatta20

zenyatta20 New Member

the beginning of my problem was when i was in a severe crisis and a doctor began to influence me that i need many medications for depression and anxiety. i believed him that i needed them and took them. more and more came. they made me into a zombie where I repressed and could not feel my emotions. The doctor told me I was uncapable of living with out them and that i was not capable of doing what i needed to do to be successful with my family or work. i sat for years like a vegetable. it was horrible. then i met someone who gave me hope. i stopped taking some of the medicine but the doctor got mad at me. some i still have to take some which makes me really angry although i am weaning myself off of them. when this started i started getting all sorts of weird symptoms in my body everywhere. the doctor would get angry at me as i have a medical background and i would find actual things wrong with me and would demand tests. they did not like that . One doctor told me i was crazy and was making everything up which made me really mad, as I did have things wrong with me ( not TMS- actual infections and immune deficiencies etc). However once i addressed those, i had severe pain all over my body. the MRIS were normal the primary doctor told i should just go to a pain doctor and get on narcotics and accept that for the rest of my life. i got very angry at that. I went to a back doctor who told me my back pain was from "mild arthritis" and i needed steroid injections. There is no way mild arthritis was causing the level of pain and i didn't believe him. He got angry at me to. Fortunately for me, i did not find time to get the injections due to family tragedy and randomly discovered about TMS. Now I firmly believe that TMS is causing all of my severe and weird pain that does not correspond to any medical findings. I am hopeful now. I do not like that doctors have told me I am crazy, that i need a bunch of drugs, and that my pain is from things that do not make any sense. I hope some reads this. I am very nervous about being public about my struggle and sharing this. I want to feel my emotions again and let them out and move on with my life.

Okcowgirl likes this.